Safety Familiarisation Training
Course Description: As required by law, every person should have a Pre-Sea certificate before being allowed on a vessel as crew. Our ‘Safety Familiarisation Training’ teaches learners the basic skills they need before going to sea to familiarise them with what is to be expected…
R990.00 – R1,000.00
Topics like muster stations, principal parts of a vessel, emergencies, signs, rope work and life jackets are but a few of the things covered in this course.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Communicate with other persons on board on elementary safety matters
- Understand safety information symbols and alarm signals
- Take appropriate action
- Identify muster and embarkation stations and the emergency escape routes
- Locate and don life jackets and life buoys
- Understand basic fire fighting procedures
- Operate portable fire extinguishers
- Use fire blankets
Duration: 1 Day
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: Bring a change of old clothes and shoes, with a towel.
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments.
STCW Code: A-VI/1, para 1
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.