Safety Familiarisation Training
Course Description: As required by law, every person should have a Pre-Sea certificate before being allowed on a vessel as crew. Our ‘Safety Familiarisation Training’ teaches learners the basic skills they need before going to sea to familiarise them with what is to be expected…
Topics like muster stations, principal parts of a vessel, emergencies, signs, rope work and life jackets are but a few of the things covered in this course.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Communicate with other persons on board on elementary safety matters
- Understand safety information symbols and alarm signals
- Take appropriate action
- Identify muster and embarkation stations and the emergency escape routes
- Locate and don life jackets and life buoys
- Understand basic fire fighting procedures
- Operate portable fire extinguishers
- Use fire blankets
Duration: 1 Day
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: Bring a change of old clothes and shoes, with a towel.
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments.
STCW Code: A-VI/1, para 1
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.