Radio Operator – Long Range Certificate
Course Description: Long Range Certificates (LRC) are the new VHF, MF, and HF Operators Certificates for Radio’s that incorporate DSC and the Satellite module as used in the GMDSS structure. Here, Radio Operators are taught the proper procedures to follow in an emergency inclusive of Mayday, Mayday Relay, Security, Urgency, safety Alerts, Frequencies, Batteries & tests for long range radio equipment making use of DSC Alerts to notify other vessels of Distress situations.
R6,400.00 – R7,500.00
This is a 4-day course for normal LRC with a 5th day added for those that require the Satellite Module. The LRC Training is taught using a state-of-the-art 8 station POSEIDON touchscreen simulator which adds realism to our teaching techniques.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course, identify and apply:
- The Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) structure
- Search and Rescue (SAR) procedures
- Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number system
- VHF and MF/HF installations
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) facilities)
- Maintenance on radios and antennas
- Distress procedures
- Urgency AND Safety messages
- Maritime Mobile Satellite Services
- INMARSAT systems
Duration: 5 Days
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: None
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA.
STCW Code: Article 47, Section II
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.