Course Description: Also previously known as Ship Captain‘s Medical. The ‘Competence in Medical Care’ course is an advanced medical course for personnel assigned to administer advanced medical care on-board Foreign going vessels not having immediate access to proper medical treatment…
R5,750.00 – R6,595.00
Learners cover the different circularly systems, the skeletal system, and the organs of the human body… Suturing skills, IV lines and administering injections all form a part of the practical training, added to which is skills development within our local hospital. At the end of the Competence in Medical Care Course learners will be able to do a primary and secondary medical survey, and as per Doctors orders, they will be able to administer injections, IV lines and suturing.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Use of the AED
- Managing airway problems
- Using oxygen delivery devices and applying oxygen
- Monitoring blood pressure and vital signs
- Performing initial patient assessment and ongoing assessment until advances care arrives
- Paediatric emergencies
- Obstetrics and gynaecological emergencies, care of the newborn
- Basic fundamental documentation of emergency medical care
- Managing bleeding emergencies and splinting potential fractures and related injuries
- Assessment and treatment of medical emergencies
Duration: 5 Days
Entry Requirements: Must be 16 years of age in order to enter the program and have a previous Medical First Aid Certificate.
Additional Requirements: None
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. Renew every 5 years.
STCW Code: A-VI/4-2
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.