Medical Care Refresher
Course Description: The Master, and any other person in charge of the medical care on a vessel, is required to undertake refresher training in medical care at least every five years, in accordance with the Merchant Shipping Regulations 1997.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Conduct a primary survey
- Perform a cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- Apply wound and bleeding techniques
- Immobilize and move a patient
- Measure and report on fluid balance and output
- Administer drugs by the intravenous, intramuscular and oral routes
Duration: 3 Days
Entry Requirements: Valid Medical First Aid Certificate required.
Additional Requirements: None
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. Refresher training is required at least every 5 years.
STCW Code: A-VI/4-2
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.