Master Near Coastal under 500GT
Course Description: This course is designed to teach you the competence to be in overall command of the vessel, having full responsibility for the crew, ship handling, the cargo, passengers and the safety of the vessel. The Master manages the ship and all onboard administration and normally keeps the ships records. The Master is responsible for dealings with the shore authorities and ports on matters such as health and safety.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Navigate vessel at the management level
- Handle and stow cargo and / or catch (fish) at the management level
- Manage shipboard operations and care for persons on board
- Conduct ship’s master’s business
- Manage ship’s handling and manoeuvring
- Manage shipboard security procedures and contingency plans
- Develop and manage personnel
Duration: +/- 105 Days
Entry Requirements: English Proficiency and SAMSA Requirements
Additional Requirements: None
SAMSA Classifications: Master <500GT Near Coastal STCW A–II/3
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments.
SCTW Code: Section A-II/3
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.