First Aid Level 3
Course Description: This course is for companies that employ 20 or more workers, and for companies that require an advanced level of first aid due to the nature of their business. Learners are taught Primary and Secondary Medical Surveys, dealing with Pregnancy Issues and Labour, Splinting and much more. Detailed knowledge of the human body and all of its organs, systems and functions are taught.
Learning Objectives: The Department of Labour prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Demonstrate the Priority Action Approach for patients who are conscious, or have a decreased level of consciousness
- Identify and manage critical interventions of the airway with C-spine control
- Identify respiratory emergencies and taking necessary steps to resolve them
- Identify circulatory emergencies in patients who are conscious, as well as those with a decreased level of consciousness, and intervene in those emergencies
- Prepare patients for rapid transport in both lateral and supine positions
- Conduct the secondary survey part of the Priority Action Approach for patients who are in the Rapid Transport Category, as well as patients who are in the first aid room
- Assess, manage, and identify whether it is necessary to have a medical aid referral for injuries of the soft tissue
- Identify and manage injuries of the head, brain, and spine for patients who are conscious, as well as those with a decreased level of consciousness
- Identify and manage injuries of the abdomen
- Identify and manage fractures of the upper limbs and dislocations
- Identify and manage environmental emergencies, as well as fractures of the lower limbs and dislocations
- Identify and manage diabetic conditions as well as seizures
Duration: 4 Days
Entry Requirements: Learner must be at least 16 years old and be in possession of a First Aid Level 2 Certificate.
Additional Requirements: None
Accreditation: Department of Labour Partner Accreditation. Certificate should be renewed every 3 years.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.