Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
Course Description: This course will enable the learner to effectively observe potential fire hazards, and to prevent such fires from occurring. In the unfortunate event of a shipboard fire, learners (crew members) are taught how to extinguish such fires. Our Fire Fighting Training starts with the fundamentals, teaching the learner about the composition, stages and classes of fires and how to best extinguish each one…
R2,300.00 – R2,900.00
The learner gets to work with various types of fire fighting equipment, the safety checks required, and we teach the best techniques on how to use such equipment, before we heat things up in the fire simulator. Learners experience full blown fires and learn how to effectively extinguish those fires, making use of different extinguishing mediums in a controlled environment.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Describe how to minimise the risk of fire and maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire
- Demonstrate the use of ship-boarding fire-fighting equipment
- Extinguish fires using the appropriate method, extinguishing medium, firefighting appliances and equipment
- Navigate safely through darkened, high-expansion foam filled compartment wearing a lifeline
- Navigate safely through a darkened, smoke-filled compartment wearing breathing apparatus
- Conduct a search and rescue in a darkened, smoke-filled compartment
Duration: 3 Days
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: The learner should be able to be physically fit and not suffer from any medical conditions. (This course can be strenuous).
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. Certificate should be renewed every 5 years.
STCW Code: A-VI/1-2
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.