Familiarisation (Pre-Sea Safety Induction for Small Vessels)
Course Description: The aim of this course is to introduce a new seafarer to the marine environment of a small vessel. By the time he has completed this course, he should have a general knowledge of the types of emergencies that can occur, the equipment to deal with these emergencies, general first aid knowledge and fire fighting. The learner should also have a good understanding of details left ashore and donning a life jacket and using safety equipment.
R990.00 – R1,135.00
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Nautical Terms
- Communicate with other persons on board on elementary safety matters
- Understand safety information symbols and alarm signals
- Take appropriate action
- Identify muster and embarkation stations and the emergency escape routes
- Locate and don life jackets and life buoys
- Understand basic fire fighting procedures
- Operate portable fire extinguishers
- Use fire blankets
Duration: 1 Day
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: Bring a change of old clothes and shoes, with a towel.
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA.
STCW Code: MS (NSVR) Regs 2007
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.