Electronic Navigation Systems – Operational Level
Course Description: Electronic Navigation Systems (ENS) is one of our simulation courses where we teach learners how to use Electronic Navigation Systems to navigate safely. We concentrate on collision avoidance in restricted visibility, making use of all available resources particularly radar equipment and radar plotting. We offer three levels in ENS namely: Management, Operational and Non STCW Level.
R9,550.00 – R11,950.00
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- How to conduct a safe passage
- The use of radar to maintain safety of navigation
- The use of radar in SAR operations
- The use of radar in VTS Operations
- The use of electronic navigation equipment
- The use of echo sounders
- The use speed logs
- Operating basic radar equipment
- Obtaining the ship’s position using satellite navigation equipment
- The use the radar set as an aid to navigation
- The use of radar for collision avoidance
- The International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea 1972
- The use of Bridge Simulation adds realism to the course as all events take place in real time, but in the safety of a training environment.
Duration: 10 Days
Entry Requirements: Mathematics at Grade 10 or previous ENS or any Certificate of Competence or proof of Chartwork completed.
Additional Requirements: None
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. Certification valid for a life-time.
STCW Code: A-II/1
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
CommunicationsR5,650.00 – R6,525.00 Select options
Competence in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than FRCR5,500.00 Select options
Advanced Fire Fighting (including Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Refresher)R3,200.00 – R4,185.00 Select options
Medical CareR5,750.00 – R6,595.00 Select options