Designated Security Duties – STCW A-Vl/6-2
Course Description: This course aims to provide Officers and Crew with understanding of the importance of ship security through:
- Knowledge of the various roles and responsibilities of the organisation and individuals involved.
- Understanding what constitutes security risks, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations.
- Understanding the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of how to maintain measures in the ship’s security plan and related requirements.
R2,350.00 – R3,500.00
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness
- Recognise security threats and how to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements
- Understand the need for, and methods, of maintaining security awareness and vigilance
- Recognising piracy and anti-piracy measures
Duration: 2 Days
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: None
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments.
STCW Code: A-Vl/6-2
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Elementary First Aid – STCW A-VI/1-3R1,850.00 Select options
Personal Survival Techniques – STCW A-VI/1-1Rated 5.00 out of 5R1,900.00 Select options
Crowd Management & Passenger Safety – STCW A-V/2, para 1 & 2R1,400.00 – R1,750.00 Select options
Security Awareness Training – STCW A-VI/6-1R1,350.00 – R1,700.00 Select options