Day Skipper Under 9 Metres
Course Description: The Small Vessels Ticket certification will entitle you to operate a small vessel of less than 9 metres in length or less than 25 Gross Tons at sea or on dams and rivers as Skipper. You will need to make quick decisions regarding the safety of your vessel and crew, and we therefore ensure that you are well prepared to make these decisions. Various Certificates are defined according to the length of the vessel, and where/when it is operated (i.e. distance from shore, day/night tickets etc).
R2,850.00 – R4,650.00
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course identify:
- Types of emergencies that can occur, fire collision, grounding, capsize and injury
- The types of emergency equipment available on-board
- The use of a life jackets & or flotation aid
- The use of fire extinguishers and hoses
- The use of all types of visual distress signalling equipment
- The dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol & drugs
- Common nautical terms
- Causes and effects of hypothermia, & what precautions can be taken to prevent the onset
- The requirements that the skipper has to leave personal and voyage particulars behind with a competent person
- Basic first aid steps to be taken on encountering an accident
Duration: 3-5 Days (course/category dependant)
Entry Requirements: Any Doctor‘s certificate, Proof of identity, Over 16 years old and sea service.
Additional Requirements: Approved sea service as required by each category. Bring a change of old clothes and shoes, with a towel.
Accreditation: Examined by a SAMSA certified examiner on-site.
STCW Code: MS (NSVR) Regs 2007
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.