Competence in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than FRC
Course Description: Similar to the old Proficiency in Survival Craft (PISC) Course, learners need to understand the different construction requirements, equipment requirements, use and launch procedures for each of the different survival craft found onboard maritime vessels. We make use of life boats, life rafts and relevant lifesaving appliances to demonstrate the correct use of each.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Taking charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operating a survival craft engine
- Managing survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Using locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Applying first aid to survivors
- On load and offload duties
- Safety Measures using life raft and survival craft
Duration: 4 Days
Entry Requirements: 6 Months Sea Service
Additional Requirements: None
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. Renew certificate every 5 years.
STCW Code: A-VI/2-1
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.