Competence in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than FRC Refresher
Course Description: Similar to the old Proficiency in Survival Craft (PISC) Course, learners need to understand the different construction requirements, equipment requirements, use and launch procedures for each of the different survival craft found onboard maritime vessels. We make use of life boats, life rafts and relevant lifesaving appliances to demonstrate the correct use of each. Refresher Course.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course identify and apply:
- Construction and outfit of survival craft and rescue boats and individual items of their equipment
- Particular characteristics and facilities of survival craft and rescue boats
- Various types of device used for launching survival craft and rescue boats
- Methods of launching survival craft into a rough sea
- Methods of recovering survival craft
- Action to be taken after leaving the ship
- Methods of launching and recovering rescue boats in a rough sea
- Dangers associated with use of on-load release devices
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
Duration: 1 Day
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: Training is offered in a simulated environment.
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. Certificate should be renewed every 5 years.
STCW Code: A-VI/2-1
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.