Advanced Fire Fighting (including Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Refresher) – STCW A-VI/3 (STA-06-301)
Course Description: Each fire team on board your vessel needs a team leader. The ‘Competence in Advanced Fire Fighting’ course will teach learners to allocate duties, assess fires, and decide the best course of action to manage fires using the correct commands to control the fire team. Apart from the basics covered in the Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Course, this course also covers BA sets, stability and the RECO model to name a few examples.
R3,250.00 – R4,200.00
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Use firefighting organization, tactics and command procedures at sea and in port
- Use water for fire extinguishing and under the effects on stability
- Communication and coordination during firefighting operations
- Utilize ventilation controls to limit spread of fire and limit or extract smoke
- Utilize fuel and electrical system controls to limit spread of fire and reduce hazards to fire fighters
- Understand fire fighting process hazards
- Understand fire fighting involving dangerous goods
- Fire precautions and hazards for storing and handling materials
- Manage and control of injured persons involving fire-related injuries & illnesses
- Procedures for coordination with shore-based fire fighters
- Preparation of contingency plans and composition and allocation of fire parties
- Strategies and tactics for control of fires in various parts of the ship
- Inspecting and servicing fire detection systems
- Requirements for statutory and classification surveys, and assessment of causes of incidents involving fire
Duration: 4 Days
Entry Requirements: A previous Certificate in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.
Additional Requirements: The learner should be physically fit and not suffer from any medical conditions. (This course can be strenuous). A fresh set of clothes.
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. The learner is responsible for retraining every 5 years.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Electronic Navigation Systems – Operational Level – STCW A-II/1R10,000.00 – R12,000.00 Select options
ECDIS Generic Course – STCW A-II/1 & A-II/2R10,000.00 Select options
Safety Officer – Fishing – Regulation 38 MosregsR2,600.00 Select options
Medical Care – STCW A-VI/4-2R6,000.00 – R6,750.00 Select options