Able Seafarer Engine – STCW A-lll/5
Course Description: After the ‘Ordinary Seafarer Engine’ the next step is that of an ‘Able Seafarer Engine’. This course builds on your past experience and skills by giving you a more in-depth look at the specific skills required in a vessel engine room. Advanced Training on Engine Room Lookout Duties, Different Vessels, Rope and Wiring skills, etc are covered. Essentially, all the skills acquired as an Ordinary Seafarer Engine are built upon.
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Assist with marine engineering watch-keeping duties at support level
- Assist with bunkering and liquid transfers at the support level
- Contribute to the operations of the ship and care for persons on board at the support level
- Follow safe electrical electronic and control engineering processes at the support level
- Provide maintenance and repair on board ship at support the level
- Carry out designated security duties and contingency plans at the support level
Duration: 10 Days
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: Fresh set of clothes / overall.
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments. Certificate is valid for a lifetime.
STCW Code: A-lll/5
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.