Able Seafarer Deck
Course Description: This course is designed to take your skills to the next level, from ‘Ordinary Seafarer Deck’ to ‘Able Seafarer Deck’. Here you are taught advanced techniques covering different vessels and their parts, vessel maintenance, rope & wire skills, and much more. Safety procedures, personal protective equipment and other on-board skills are built upon, giving you a more in-depth knowledge than that of an ‘Ordinary Seafarer Deck’.
R7,350.00 – R7,695.00
Learning Objectives: The SAMSA matrix prescribes that the learner should have the following knowledge and practical skills at the end of the course:
- Assist with navigation at the support level
- Handle and stow cargo and / or catch (fish) at the support level
- Assist with shipboard operations and care for persons on board at the support level
- Maintain and repair at the support level
- Assist with mooring, towing, berthing and anchoring at the support level
- Carry out security duties at the support level
Duration: 10 Days
Entry Requirements: None
Additional Requirements: Fresh set of clothes / overall.
Accreditation: Accreditation through SAMSA. STCW 78 as amended in 2010 with the Manila amendments.
STCW Code: A-II/5
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.